Ambitious acquisitions and a diversity that should have any investor hot and bothered: This is General Electric, and what we’re really eyeing here is the company’s oil and gas segment, GE Oil & Gas.
Here’s why in a nutshell:
• The company is VERY forward-thinking when it comes to oil and gas, and it’s getting in on every tech avenue out there, from massive LNG projects with a real future to the subsea drilling tech market which is positioned to experience significant growth over the next few years
• Its diverse portfolio also includes turbomachinery (which is in huge demand), pressure control tech and remote monitoring and diagnostics
• It is prioritizing research and development most recently with a $110 million global research center to be based in Oklahoma City
• GE’s Oil & Gas segment is the fastest-growing in the company, with annual 16% revenue growth over the last three years
• As of the time of writing, GE’s market cap was $244 billion and it was currently trading for $23.46/share, with shares up 12.7% YTD and 34.6% above their 52-week low of $17.43.
• GE’s diversity is smart and very focused: It’s downsizing its banking operations and divesting stakes and using the cash to acquire companies that complement its industrial businesses