• 4 minute Hey Oil Bulls - How Long Till Increasing Oil Prices and Strengthening Dollar Start Killing Demand in Developing Countries?
  • 8 minutes Could oil demand collapse rapidly? Yup, sure could.
  • 15 minutes Oil and Trade War
  • 2 hours Could oil demand collapse rapidly? Yup, sure could.
  • 10 hours Migrants: Italy Wants EU Border Agency In Africa, Not At Sea
  • 7 hours Are EVs Safer Than Combustion Engine Vehicles?
  • 3 hours What If Canada Had Wind and Not Oilsands?
  • 6 hours WE Solutions plans to print cars
  • 6 hours Russia, Saudi Push For Big Hike In Oil Output Despite Iran Opposition
  • 6 hours Oil prices going down
  • 11 hours Nopec Sherman act legislation
  • 10 hours Sell out now or hold on?
  • 13 hours The Irrelevance Of BTU Rating - Big Oil's Gimmick To Hoodwink The Public
  • 15 hours China & India in talks to form anti-OPEC
  • 17 hours Sabotage at Tesla
  • 13 hours After Three Decade Macedonia End Dispute With Greece, new name: the Republic of Northern Macedonia
  • 12 hours Trump Hits China With Tariffs On $50 Billion Of Goods
  • 5 hours Oil and Trade War
  • 5 hours Australia mulls LNG import
Alt Text

Europe Is Awash With Oil Stored On Ships

Bullish sentiment in markets makes…

Editorial Dept

Editorial Dept

More Info

Trending Discussions

Is The Multi-Billion Barrel UK Oil Discovery Pure Hype?

Introduction

“The King is dead, long live The King!” Just as this expression conveyed the notion that royal control is passed onto the next monarch, the same can be said about the current state of the British oil and gas industry.

The North Sea, the reigning power in oil and gas production in the United Kingdom, is in terminal decline. As death draws near for the aging fields offshore, the mantle could be passed onto a younger heir.

The analogy sounds silly, but a small British oil and gas company raised hopes this week that they may be able to revive the floundering fossil fuel sector on the British Islands. UK Oil & Gas (LON: UKOG) announced that it made a “world class” discovery. UKOG says it is sitting on 100 billion barrels of oil located near Gatwick Airport, south of London. The April 9 announcement revealed that a petrophysical analysis of a the Horse Hill-1 well that a consortium drilled last year in the Weald Basin is holding about 158 million barrels of oil per square mile.

Horse Hill-1 is owned by several companies. A special purpose company, the Horse Hill Developments Ltd. (HHDL), owns 65% of the project. Through a subsidiary Magellan Petroleum (NASDAQ: MPET) owns the remaining 35%. UKOG has a 30% stake in HHDL. And another company, Solo Oil (LON: SOLO) has a 10% position in HHDL.

The news rocked the country, and indeed, made global headlines. On April 8, UKOG’s share price was $1.11 per share. The…

To read the full article

Please sign up and become a premium OilPrice.com member to gain access to read the full article.

RegisterLogin

Trending Discussions





Oilprice - The No. 1 Source for Oil & Energy News