• 5 hours PDVSA Booted From Caribbean Terminal Over Unpaid Bills
  • 7 hours Russia Warns Ukraine Against Recovering Oil Off The Coast Of Crimea
  • 9 hours Syrian Rebels Relinquish Control Of Major Gas Field
  • 10 hours Schlumberger Warns Of Moderating Investment In North America
  • 11 hours Oil Prices Set For Weekly Loss As Profit Taking Trumps Mideast Tensions
  • 12 hours Energy Regulators Look To Guard Grid From Cyberattacks
  • 14 hours Mexico Says OPEC Has Not Approached It For Deal Extension
  • 15 hours New Video Game Targets Oil Infrastructure
  • 17 hours Shell Restarts Bonny Light Exports
  • 18 hours Russia’s Rosneft To Take Majority In Kurdish Oil Pipeline
  • 1 day Iraq Struggles To Replace Damaged Kirkuk Equipment As Output Falls
  • 1 day British Utility Companies Brace For Major Reforms
  • 1 day Montenegro A ‘Sweet Spot’ Of Untapped Oil, Gas In The Adriatic
  • 1 day Rosneft CEO: Rising U.S. Shale A Downside Risk To Oil Prices
  • 2 days Brazil Could Invite More Bids For Unsold Pre-Salt Oil Blocks
  • 2 days OPEC/Non-OPEC Seek Consensus On Deal Before Nov Summit
  • 2 days London Stock Exchange Boss Defends Push To Win Aramco IPO
  • 2 days Rosneft Signs $400M Deal With Kurdistan
  • 2 days Kinder Morgan Warns About Trans Mountain Delays
  • 2 days India, China, U.S., Complain Of Venezuelan Crude Oil Quality Issues
  • 2 days Kurdish Kirkuk-Ceyhan Crude Oil Flows Plunge To 225,000 Bpd
  • 2 days Russia, Saudis Team Up To Boost Fracking Tech
  • 3 days Conflicting News Spurs Doubt On Aramco IPO
  • 3 days Exxon Starts Production At New Refinery In Texas
  • 3 days Iraq Asks BP To Redevelop Kirkuk Oil Fields
  • 3 days Oil Prices Rise After U.S. API Reports Strong Crude Inventory Draw
  • 4 days Oil Gains Spur Growth In Canada’s Oil Cities
  • 4 days China To Take 5% Of Rosneft’s Output In New Deal
  • 4 days UAE Oil Giant Seeks Partnership For Possible IPO
  • 4 days Planting Trees Could Cut Emissions As Much As Quitting Oil
  • 4 days VW Fails To Secure Critical Commodity For EVs
  • 4 days Enbridge Pipeline Expansion Finally Approved
  • 4 days Iraqi Forces Seize Control Of North Oil Co Fields In Kirkuk
  • 4 days OPEC Oil Deal Compliance Falls To 86%
  • 4 days U.S. Oil Production To Increase in November As Rig Count Falls
  • 4 days Gazprom Neft Unhappy With OPEC-Russia Production Cut Deal
  • 5 days Disputed Venezuelan Vote Could Lead To More Sanctions, Clashes
  • 5 days EU Urges U.S. Congress To Protect Iran Nuclear Deal
  • 5 days Oil Rig Explosion In Louisiana Leaves 7 Injured, 1 Still Missing
  • 5 days Aramco Says No Plans To Shelve IPO
Oil Fundamentals Overturn Geopolitical Risk

Oil Fundamentals Overturn Geopolitical Risk

Geopolitical risk from Iraq and…

How To Play The Next Wireless Revolution

How To Play The Next Wireless Revolution

The global communications boom has…

Japan's Itochu Now Producing and Selling Bioethanol in Brazil

Japan's Itochu Now Producing and Selling Bioethanol in Brazil

Itochu and New York- based Bunge Limited have started a joint venture company that is now producing and selling bioethanol in Brazil.
 
The Itochu- Bunge Limited joint venture, Pedro Afonso Acucar e Bioenergia S.A., is located in Tocantins in northern Brazil.
 
Itochu holds 20 percent of the shares in the joint venture through its wholly owned Tokyo subsidiary JB BioEnergy, with Bunge Limited owning the remaining 80 percent, Japan Corporate News Network reported.
 
Itochu is also establishing bioethanol production and sales operations with Bunge in Minas Gerais in southeastern Brazil, the country’s second most populous and the second richest state at the same investment rate, with a total investment in the two projects of approximately $800 million.
 
Pedro Afonso Acucar e Bioenergia S.A began constructing its first plant in Tocantins in January 2009, which was completed in July 2010. After the successful completion of trial operations, the Tocantins plant began operating at almost full capacity in May 2011. Although the annual processing capacity of sugar cane at the Pedro Afonso Acucar e Bioenergia S.A mill is currently 2.5 million tons per year, the joint venture partners hope to be able to expand the Tocantins facility’s output to 4.4 million tons annually.
 
By. Joao Peixe, Deputy Editor OilPrice.com



Join the discussion | Back to homepage

Leave a comment

Leave a comment

Oilprice - The No. 1 Source for Oil & Energy News