• 4 minutes Why Trump Is Right to Re-Open the Economy
  • 7 minutes Did Trump start the oil price war?
  • 11 minutes Covid-19 logarithmic growth
  • 15 minutes Charts of COVID-19 Fatality Rate by Age and Sex
  • 18 minutes China Takes Axe To Alternative Energy Funding, Slashing Subsidies For Solar And Wind
  • 6 hours How to Create a Pandemic
  • 1 hour KSA taking Missiles from ?
  • 4 hours There are 4 major mfg of hydroxychloroquine in the world. China, Germany, India and Israel. Germany and India are hoarding production and blocked exports to the United States. China not shipping any , don't know their policy.
  • 2 hours A New Solar-Panel Plant Could Have Capacity to Meet Half of Global Demand
  • 16 mins Which producers will shut in first?
  • 50 mins TRUMP pushing Hydroxychloroquine + Zpak therapy forward despite FDA conservative approach. As he reasons, "What have we got to lose ?"
  • 13 hours Trump eyes massive expulsion of suspected Chinese spies
  • 3 hours Breaking News - Strategic Strikes on Chinese Troll Farms
  • 44 mins Eight Billion Dollars Wasted on Nuclear Storage Plant
  • 12 hours Today 127 new cases in US, 99 in China, 778 in Italy
  • 15 hours Western Canadian Select selling for $6.48 bbl. Enbridge charges between $7 to $9 bbl to ship to the GOM refineries.
  • 14 hours America’s Corona Tsar, Andrew Fauci, Concedes Covid-19 May Be Just a Bad Flu With a Fatality Rate of 0.1%
Oil Jumps As Markets Panic

Oil Jumps As Markets Panic

Oil prices rose slightly on…

First Nation To Shun Any Trans Mountain Pipeline Review

Trans Mountain pipeline

A First Nations chief has declared that no outcome from the National Energy Board’s review of the Trans Mountain expansion project will satisfy his people because they want the project stopped forever.

The Province quotes the president of the Union of B.C. Chiefs, Stewart Philip, as saying “The short answer is no,” when asked about the kind of review process that would make him happy. The comment was made after the Union of B.C. Chiefs along with environmental organizations and local politicians called on the NEB to make more time for the second review of the project, ordered by a federal court earlier this year.

The Financial Post quotes Chief Philip as saying the Trans Mountain expansion would be a “stinker” that will make climate change--which is already affecting B.C. adversely--worse. If, however, part of the opponents to the project refuse to accept any review of the project as satisfactory, why should the NEB waste time on a second review—focusing on the impact of the expanded pipeline on marine life—at all.

This is the latest update on a saga that has stretched years, and there is no end in sight. The pipe that would have tripled the amount of crude Albertan producers send west has become such a point of contention between supporters and opponents, it even plunged Alberta and B.C. into their own little trade war. It only lasted a short time, but the provinces are still at odds on the issue.

The federal government also became the subject of criticism--and from both sides no less--because it approved the project to the chagrin of opponents, but failed to do anything meaningful to get it moving forward, according to supporters. In May this year, Ottawa bought the project from Kinder Morgan, which became fed up with waiting for a final decision one way or the other, and is currently seeking buyers who would foot the bill if the expansion ever gets underway.

By Irina Slav for Oilprice.com

More Top Reads From Oilprice.com:



Join the discussion | Back to homepage




Leave a comment
  • Norm Dill on October 24 2018 said:
    There is almost no point in dialogue with First Nations. They don't agree to anything, on any topic. Even if 80% of them agree to something they follow no form of democracy... the remaining 20% are likely to violently oppose to stop things from going progressing. Let's be clear, First Nations are not a nation, they are 600 or so "Nations", plural and ultimately the record shows the minority will resort to violence, not the rule of law.
  • Katie on October 24 2018 said:
    Just amazing........

Leave a comment

Oilprice - The No. 1 Source for Oil & Energy News