• 3 minutes e-car sales collapse
  • 6 minutes America Is Exceptional in Its Political Divide
  • 11 minutes Perovskites, a ‘dirt cheap’ alternative to silicon, just got a lot more efficient
  • 2 hours GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES
  • 22 hours "What’s In Store For Europe In 2023?" By the CIA (aka RFE/RL as a ruse to deceive readers)
  • 6 days America should go after China but it should be done in a wise way.
  • 12 days Does Toyota Know Something That We Don’t?
  • 1 day World could get rid of Putin and Russia but nobody is bold enough
  • 23 hours How Far Have We Really Gotten With Alternative Energy
  • 14 mins Even Shell Agrees with Climate Change!
  • 2 days The European Union is exceptional in its political divide. Examples are apparent in Hungary, Slovakia, Sweden, Netherlands, Belarus, Ireland, etc.
  • 4 days Oil Stocks, Market Direction, Bitcoin, Minerals, Gold, Silver - Technical Trading <--- Chris Vermeulen & Gareth Soloway weigh in

Breaking News:

OPEC Lifts Production in February

Offshore Oil Discoveries Thrive

Offshore Oil Discoveries Thrive

But despite the industry as…

Qatar Awards $6 Billion Worth of Deals to Boost Output from Its Top Oilfield

Qatar’s state firm QatarEnergy has awarded engineering and installation contracts worth a total of $6 billion to develop the next phase of its biggest oilfield, Al-Shaheen, which will boost production at the offshore field by around 100,000 barrels per day (bpd).

The contract award is part of the third phase of Al-Shaheen’s development since North Oil Company took over the field’s operation in July 2017. The company is a joint venture between QatarEnergy, which has 70%, and French supermajor TotalEnergies, which holds the remaining 30%.

First oil from the next development phase at Al-Shaheen is expected in 2027, with more than 200 wells expected to be drilled and a new centralized process complex, nine remote wellhead platforms, and associated pipelines will be installed.     

Of the four major Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Installation (EPCI) contract packages for further development of Al-Shaheen, a consortium of McDermott Middle East Inc. and Qingdao McDermott Wuchuan Offshore Engineering Co won one worth $2.1 billion.

The EPC package for a Central Processing Platform valued at about $1.9 billion went to a consortium of McDermott Middle East and Hyundai Heavy Industries. A $1.3 billion EPC package for a riser platform was awarded to Larsen & Toubro Limited, and an EPC package for subsea pipelines and cables valued at about $900 million was awarded to China Offshore Oil Engineering Co (COOEC).

“By awarding these contracts, we are taking an important step towards realizing the full potential of Al-Shaheen field, which produces around half of Qatar’s crude oil today,” said Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi, Qatar’s Minister of State for Energy Affairs and President and CEO of QatarEnergy.

Al-Shaheen began commercial production in 1994 and underwent significant development to reach an oil production rate of 300,000 bpd in 2007, QatarEnergy said.

Last month, QatarEnergy signed a deal with Shell under which the Qatari state firm will deliver up to 18 million barrels of crude annually to the supermajor, in the first-ever five-year crude sales agreement for the Qatari company.   

ADVERTISEMENT

By Tsvetana Paraskova for Oilprice.com

More Top Reads From Oilprice.com:



Join the discussion | Back to homepage



Leave a comment

Leave a comment

EXXON Mobil -0.35
Open57.81 Trading Vol.6.96M Previous Vol.241.7B
BUY 57.15
Sell 57.00
Oilprice - The No. 1 Source for Oil & Energy News