• 3 minutes e-car sales collapse
  • 6 minutes America Is Exceptional in Its Political Divide
  • 11 minutes Perovskites, a ‘dirt cheap’ alternative to silicon, just got a lot more efficient
  • 6 hours GREEN NEW DEAL = BLIZZARD OF LIES
  • 8 days Does Toyota Know Something That We Don’t?
  • 1 day America should go after China but it should be done in a wise way.
  • 7 days World could get rid of Putin and Russia but nobody is bold enough
  • 9 days China is using Chinese Names of Cities on their Border with Russia.
  • 10 days Russian Officials Voice Concerns About Chinese-Funded Rail Line
  • 11 days OPINION: Putin’s Genocidal Myth A scholarly treatise on the thousands of years of Ukrainian history. RCW
  • 10 days CHINA Economy IMPLODING - Fastest Price Fall in 14 Years & Stock Market Crashes to 5 Year Low
  • 9 days CHINA Economy Disaster - Employee Shortages, Retirement Age, Birth Rate & Ageing Population
  • 1 day How Far Have We Really Gotten With Alternative Energy
  • 10 days Putin and Xi Bet on the Global South
  • 10 days "(Another) Putin Critic 'Falls' Out Of Window, Dies"
California Startup Boasts Breakthrough in Hydrogen Storage

California Startup Boasts Breakthrough in Hydrogen Storage

Despite challenges, startups like H2MOF…

ADNOC CEO: Global Energy Demand Growth Is Unsustainable

ADNOC CEO: Global Energy Demand Growth Is Unsustainable

According to ADNOC CEO Al-Jaber,…

ZeroHedge

ZeroHedge

The leading economics blog online covering financial issues, geopolitics and trading.

More Info

Premium Content

Electric Vehicle Market Sees 20% Surge in Global Sales for November

  • Rho Motion: Sales of EVs and plug in hybrids were up 20% globally in November.
  • The boost in sales was mainly attributed to strong growth both in North America and China.
  • China's numbers were up 25% and sales in the United States and Canada also saw a significant boost, rising by 43%.

Sales of EVs and plug in hybrids were up 20% globally in November, according to market research firm Rho Motion.

The boost in sales was mainly attributed to strong growth both in North America and China, which offset poor sales in Europe, according to Reuters

Total sales hit a new monthly record of 1.4 million units, the report says. This figure is up from 1.1 million EVs sold in November 2022. 

Data manager Charles Lester commented to Reuters"Sales have continued to rise despite a lot of negative sentiment in the market, and we're expecting sales to remain strong in December."

According to Rho Motion, in the global market during November, battery electric vehicles (BEVs) constituted 70% of total sales, with plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) making up the remaining 30%.

China's numbers were up 25% and sales in the United States and Canada also saw a significant boost, rising by 43%. Europe reported a 3% decline in sales compared to the same month in the previous year.

Rho Motion attributes the recent decline in European electric car sales to a surge in purchases at the end of 2022, particularly in Germany. This increase was driven by consumers pulling demand forward and buying electric vehicles ahead government subsidies ending. 

Lester explained that despite Germany scaling back its subsidies for battery electric vehicles and France refining its incentives to favor European-made electric cars over Chinese models, sales in Europe are expected to remain robust, Reuters wrote.

This is mainly because car manufacturers are under pressure to meet stringent emissions goals as 2025 approaches.

Recall, we wrote recently that major U.S. manufacturers like Ford were slashing billions of dollars of investment in electric vehicles - namely as a way to save cash after being bled dry by labor unions.

But perhaps they'll re-think this strategy if sales in the U.S. continue to remain robust...

ADVERTISEMENT

By Zerohedge.com

More Top Reads From Oilprice.com:


Download The Free Oilprice App Today

Back to homepage





Leave a comment

Leave a comment




EXXON Mobil -0.35
Open57.81 Trading Vol.6.96M Previous Vol.241.7B
BUY 57.15
Sell 57.00
Oilprice - The No. 1 Source for Oil & Energy News