• 4 minutes Pompeo: Aramco Attacks Are An "Act Of War" By Iran
  • 7 minutes Who Really Benefits From The "Iran Attacked Saudi Arabia" Narrative?
  • 11 minutes Trump Will Win In 2020
  • 15 minutes Experts review Saudi damage photos. Say Said is need to do a lot of explaining.
  • 18 mins Ethanol is the SAVIOR of the Oil Industry, Convenience Store Industry, Automotive Supply Chain Industry and Much More!
  • 16 hours Saudi State-of-Art Defense System looking the wrong way. MBS must fire Defense Minister. Oh, MBS is Defense Minister. Forget about it.
  • 10 hours Let's shut down dissent like The Conversation in Australia
  • 6 hours One of the fire satellite pictures showed what look like the fire hit outside the main oil complex. Like it hit storage or pipeline facility. Not big deal.
  • 2 hours Instagram Now Banning Photos Of People At Gun Ranges, Claiming They Promote "Violence"
  • 3 hours Ethanol, the Perfect Home Remedy for A Saudi Oil Fever
  • 1 day Saudis Buying Oil From Iraq
  • 6 hours Trump Accidentally Discusses Technology Used In The Border Wall
  • 16 hours Hong Kong protesters appeal to Trump for support.
  • 4 hours Famous Manufacturer of Anti-Ethanol Additives Proves Ethanol's Safety and Benefits
  • 9 hours Collateral Damage: Saudi Disruption Leaves Canada's Biggest Refinery Vulnerable
  • 1 day Donald Trump Proposes Harnessing Liberal Tears To Provide Clean Energy
  • 1 day Saudis Confirm a Cruise Missile from Iranian Origin
Alt Text

Petronas Halts all Imports of Iranian Crude in South Africa

Engen, a South African based unit of Petronas, has announced that it has halted all crude imports from Iran, which used to account for 80 percent of

Read more +
Alt Text

Acquisition of Maari 3D Seismic Survey Commences

Cue energy has just released good news regarding permits for projects in New Zealand

Read more +
Alt Text

Environmental Approval Extended for Tassie Shoal LNG Project

MEO Australia Ltd has just received environmental approval for its Tassie Shoal LNG project.

Read more +

Saudi Aramco and Sinopec Agree an $8.5 billion Joint Venture

On Saturday Saudi Aramco and Sinopec Group signed a landmark $8.5 billion deal to develop an ultramodern, highly sophisticated, full-conversion oil refinery in Yanbu; known as YASREF (Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Co. Ltd). Production is forecast to begin half way through 2014 at 400,000 barrels of heavy crude per day. Saudi Aramco will hold a 62.5 percent stake in the plant while Sinopec Group will own the remaining 37.5 percent.

Sinopec is owned by the China Petrochemical Corporation, the country’s largest refiner, and can bring technical and commercial expertise to the partnership, whilst Saudi Aramco adds value with its unparalleled strengths in resources, management and host advantage.

This is the fourth joint venture between our two enterprises,” said Al-Falih. “YASREF takes its rightful place next to our two downstream companies in China’s Fujian Province, and our in-Kingdom upstream joint venture, Sino-Saudi Gas Ltd.,” he said and proudly pointed out that Sinopec was Saudi Aramco’s largest crude oil customer.

Saudi Arabia continues to remain a fantastic destination for foreign investment. “YASREF stands as a testament to the sound climate for foreign direct investment in Saudi Arabia, and it is yet another indicator of the attractive business opportunities this nation has to offer strategic investors,” he said. As Al-Falih pointed out, the latest joint endeavour is simply the most recent chapter in a long story of cooperation, collaboration and trade between the Arabian Peninsula and China.

Fu expressed delight at the agreement. “This is a milestone on the journey of cooperation between our two companies,” he said. “We trace our relationship back to the early 1990s when we started downstream venture discussions in China; since then Sinopec and Saudi Aramco have developed cross-border cooperation along the hydrocarbon value chain, covering upstream and downstream investment, crude oil trading and engineering services.

Oilprice - The No. 1 Source for Oil & Energy News
Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play