• 1 day Shell Oil Trading Head Steps Down After 29 Years
  • 1 day Higher Oil Prices Reduce North American Oil Bankruptcies
  • 1 day Statoil To Boost Exploration Drilling Offshore Norway In 2018
  • 1 day $1.6 Billion Canadian-US Hydropower Project Approved
  • 1 day Venezuela Officially In Default
  • 2 days Iran Prepares To Export LNG To Boost Trade Relations
  • 2 days Keystone Pipeline Leaks 5,000 Barrels Into Farmland
  • 2 days Saudi Oil Minister: Markets Will Not Rebalance By March
  • 2 days Obscure Dutch Firm Wins Venezuelan Oil Block As Debt Tensions Mount
  • 2 days Rosneft Announces Completion Of World’s Longest Well
  • 2 days Ecuador Won’t Ask Exemption From OPEC Oil Production Cuts
  • 3 days Norway’s $1 Trillion Wealth Fund Proposes To Ditch Oil Stocks
  • 3 days Ecuador Seeks To Clear Schlumberger Debt By End-November
  • 3 days Santos Admits It Rejected $7.2B Takeover Bid
  • 3 days U.S. Senate Panel Votes To Open Alaskan Refuge To Drilling
  • 3 days Africa’s Richest Woman Fired From Sonangol
  • 3 days Oil And Gas M&A Deal Appetite Highest Since 2013
  • 3 days Russian Hackers Target British Energy Industry
  • 3 days Venezuela Signs $3.15B Debt Restructuring Deal With Russia
  • 4 days DOJ: Protestors Interfering With Pipeline Construction Will Be Prosecuted
  • 4 days Lower Oil Prices Benefit European Refiners
  • 4 days World’s Biggest Private Equity Firm Raises $1 Billion To Invest In Oil
  • 4 days Oil Prices Tank After API Reports Strong Build In Crude Inventories
  • 4 days Iraq Oil Revenue Not Enough For Sustainable Development
  • 5 days Sudan In Talks With Foreign Oil Firms To Boost Crude Production
  • 5 days Shell: Four Oil Platforms Shut In Gulf Of Mexico After Fire
  • 5 days OPEC To Recruit New Members To Fight Market Imbalance
  • 5 days Green Groups Want Norway’s Arctic Oil Drilling Licenses Canceled
  • 5 days Venezuelan Oil Output Drops To Lowest In 28 Years
  • 5 days Shale Production Rises By 80,000 BPD In Latest EIA Forecasts
  • 5 days GE Considers Selling Baker Hughes Assets
  • 5 days Eni To Address Barents Sea Regulatory Breaches By Dec 11
  • 5 days Saudi Aramco To Invest $300 Billion In Upstream Projects
  • 6 days Aramco To List Shares In Hong Kong ‘For Sure’
  • 6 days BP CEO Sees Venezuela As Oil’s Wildcard
  • 6 days Iran Denies Involvement In Bahrain Oil Pipeline Blast
  • 8 days The Oil Rig Drilling 10 Miles Under The Sea
  • 8 days Baghdad Agrees To Ship Kirkuk Oil To Iran
  • 8 days Another Group Joins Niger Delta Avengers’ Ceasefire Boycott
  • 8 days Italy Looks To Phase Out Coal-Fired Electricity By 2025
Markets Shrug On Flat Oil Rig Count

Markets Shrug On Flat Oil Rig Count

The United States oil rig…

5 Of The Hottest Mining Stocks For 2018

5 Of The Hottest Mining Stocks For 2018

The electric car boom has…

International Energy Companies Move Into Mozambique

International Energy Companies Move Into Mozambique

A joint consortium between Italian oil company Ente Nazionale Idrocarburi (ENI) and Portugal’s Galp-Energia expects to start exploring for oil and natural gas in Mocambique offshore Rovuma Basin off Cabo Delgado province’s coast within the next three months.

ENI holds 70 percent of the consortium and Galp-Energia the remaining 30 percent of shares. The Mozambican government’s consortium contract allows an exploration period of eight years to be followed by 30 years of the production if hydrocarbons are discovered, Agencia de Informacao de Mocambique reported.

Galp-Energia general manager Carlos Ferreira said that the consortium’s schedule had postulated that drilling was to begin in May but has subsequently been postponed to September to allow for the arrival of the necessary offshore drilling equipment.

The ENI- Galp-Energia consortium will be drilling in waters more than one and one-half miles deep, a more extensive effort than the wells drilled further north by the Houston-based company Anadarko in their Mozambican government’s offshore concessions, whose six offshore wells penetrate less than a mile into the seabed.

The ENI- Galp-Energia consortium is optimistic about its opportunities, as four of Anadarko’s offshore wells made significant natural gas discoveries of sufficient size that Anadarko is considering investing in constructing in a Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) facility to transport its output to foreign markets.

By. Joao Peixe, Deputy Editor OilPrice.com



Join the discussion | Back to homepage

Leave a comment

Leave a comment

Oilprice - The No. 1 Source for Oil & Energy News