General website Terms of Conditions of Use
LAST UPDATED: July 2012
Your use of the Website is subject to these Terms. By using the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms. We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. We may notify you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting the revised version of these Terms on the Website. You can determine when we last changed these Terms by referring to the 'LAST UPDATED' statement above. Your use of the Website following changes to these Terms will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
All investments involve risk financial risks. There is no guarantee that using any of the information provided on the Website and by the Service will be successful, there is a risk that using any such information will lead to financial loss.
The value and income of any of the investments and financial products mentioned on the Website can see dramatic falls in addition to any rises. Extreme caution should be applied when investing and the User should seek independent financial advice before making any investment decisions.
1. You acknowledge that no client/financial advisor relationship exists, and additionally no duty of care exists.
2. The content of the Website and the Service is provided for informational purposes only, and must not be used as the basis of any financial decision. Further to this you acknowledge the inherent risks involved with investment and purchasing financial products, and warrant that you will not make any financial decision(s) regarding any investments or products mentioned on the Website based on the content provided by and on the Website. Any financial decision(s) you make are done at your own risk without any liability on our part whatsoever. Financial decision(s) includes, but is not limited to, taking any action or omission in relation to any of the information or opinions provided by the Website.
3. The Website does not provide, and does not hold itself out as providing financial advice of any kind. The information contained in the material on the Website is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user of the Website or Service, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
4. You are responsible for all access to the Website using your Internet connection, even if the access is by another person.
6. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Website is available at all times. However, we cannot guarantee that the Website or any individual function or feature of the Website will always be available and/or error free. In particular, the Website may be unavailable during periods when we are implementing upgrades to or carrying out essential maintenance on the Website.
7. The intellectual property rights in the Website and all of the text, pictures, videos and other content made available on it are owned by us and our licensors. You may not print or otherwise make copies of any such content without our express prior permission.
8. We provide the Website on an 'as is' basis and make no representations as to the quality, completeness or accuracy of any content made available on the Website. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms that might otherwise be implied by law into these Terms; and
- any and all liability to you, whether arising under these Terms or otherwise in connection with your use of the Website.
9. The foregoing is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude or limit any liability that may not by law be excluded or limited, and in particular none of the exclusions and limitations in this clause are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded, nor in any way to exclude or limit liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
10. Your permission to use the Website is personal to you and non-transferable. Your use of the Website is conditional on your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in these Terms and you agree that you will not:
- Use the Website for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
- use the Website to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including without limitation others' privacy rights or rights of publicity;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Website; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make;
- interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Website or the servers or networks used to make the Website available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks;
- transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Website any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Website;
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Website. If you wish to reverse engineer any part of the Website to create an interoperable program you must contact us and we may provide interface data subject to verification of your identity and other information;
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notice from the Website or materials originating from the Website;
- frame or mirror any part of the Website without our express prior written consent;
- create a database by systematically downloading and storing Website content;
- use any manual or automatic device in any way to gather Website content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator's public online search service.
11. The Website may provide links to other websites and online resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites or resources. Your use of third party websites and resources is at your own risk.
- You may create a link to this Website, provided that:
- the link is fair and legal and is not presented in a way that is:
- misleading or could suggest any type of association, approval or endorsement by us that does not exist, or
- harmful to our reputation or the reputation of any of our affiliates;
- you retain the legal right and technical ability to immediately remove the link at any time, following a request by us to do so;
12. Contained on the website are adverts from 3rd party companies. While the Website makes every endeavour to only allow reputable companies to advertise on the Website, the Website shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage resulting from you responding to such adverts. Any contracts entered into with 3rd party advertisers shall be between the User and the 3rd party in question, and the Website shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such contracts or the negotiation of the same.
13. We reserve the right at any time without notice to revise the content of the Website, and these terms and conditions. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be posted on the Website and by continuing to use our Website following any such change you will signify that you agree to be bound by the revised terms and conditions of use. No variation may be made to the terms of this agreement without the express written agreement of the Website.
14. The Terms and any matter arising in connection with our provision of the Website to you are governed by the law of England and Wales and any dispute is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.