Israel Attacks Syrian Weapons Convey to Prevent Transport of Arms to Lebanon

Israeli jets attacked a weapons- transport convoy near Syria’s border with Lebanon.

The Syrian state news agency said in an unconfirmed report that a defense-research facility in the Damascus suburb of Jaramana was hit by Israeli jets.

The reports come three days after after Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued warnings about the dangers posed by Syria’s chemical-weapons arsenal in a country suffering a civil war.

Israel is “looking very carefully at convoys coming from Syria to Lebanon carrying weapons systems, and maybe some other things as well, by which I mean chemical weapons,” retired Israeli Brigadier General Amnon Sofrin said at a media briefing in Jerusalem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
    Israeli jets attacked a weapons- transport convoy near Syria’s border with Lebanon.

The Syrian state news agency said in an unconfirmed report that a defense-research facility in the Damascus suburb of Jaramana was hit by Israeli jets.

The reports come three days after after Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued warnings about the dangers posed by Syria’s chemical-weapons arsenal in a country suffering a civil war.

Israel is “looking very carefully at convoys coming from Syria to Lebanon carrying weapons systems, and maybe some other things as well, by which I mean chemical weapons,” retired Israeli Brigadier General Amnon Sofrin said at a media briefing in Jerusalem.
    Well I guess the Iranians, Syrians and Hezbollah will just have to become more imaginative about how they transport weaponry. And stop info about this leaking to Israel.