US Senate Unanimously Vote to Place more Sanctions on Iran

The Senate voted 94-0 today to amend the annual defense authorization bill, imposing additional U.S. financial penalties on foreign businesses and banks involved in Iranís energy, ports, shipping, and shipbuilding sectors, and to impose sanctions on metals trade with Iran.

Basically the US will place more sanctions on Iran.

According to Bloomberg News, White House officials told Senate Democratic leaders last night that the administration didnít think more sanctions are needed yet and asked them to hold off until next year. Clearly they were ignored.

The Senate is in favour and The White House is against. Who do you think is likely to win this power struggle?

Take the amount spent to re-elect the President, compare that with the amount spent on electing all the Senators. I have no idea what the answer is, but people who spend money want results. That's democracy (one form, anyway ).

Combined Obama and Romney spent more than $1.7 billion during their election campaigns.

A different article suggested that the two candidates spent over $2 billion.

I cant find an exact figure, but I guess we can assume that Obama spent in the region of $1 billion.

Im still looking to find any figures for the Senate.

Who do you think is likely to win this power struggle?
    Smile PlzZZzzzÖ(Usman Malik)Ö!!!

i can tell you who will lose... pretty much everyone.