How will Obama's Victory Effect US Energy in your Opinion?

It would be quite interesting to know the opinions of the oilprice.com readers on how the result of the presidential election will affect energy in the US, and even around the world.

Does Obama's victory bode badly for oil and natural gas? Should renewable energies expect more subsidies, and a bright future?

Obama will still pursue US shale gas, and oil, and aim to achieve energy independence. However I think that the wind industry, and other renewable energies will be much safer, and grow much more under his guidance.

I think he will end up cutting subsidies to the oil industry, and renewable energy subsidies will continue to be offered.

Nor do I expect the Keystone XL pipeline to be approved, at least not in its original format.

Did you ever wonder why Gas Prices went down during the Election???
    i live in NY and with Tropical Storm Sandy coming through and effecting 5 refineries....coming up on winter Blend for Gas...the prices kept dropping....then 1 week after Election the prices started going up when Crude was going down???....WTF are we be trained to accept this...I think you should start standing up for yourself and make a Point..if not an impact on this...We are just along for the Ride...our concerns do not count...Obama was a good thought 4 yrs ago...but now he is just a puppet with the Big Boys....the OIL Companies Control Government...not the Government.....sad but true...look into it...Hell All the info is out there....Remember When there was a rush to find an Alternative Fuel ...Wind, Electric....well you don't hear anything on that anymore....The Mentality of the Oil company is like the Military...break us down ....make us used to something and every couple of weeks drop....for a couple days ...raise....then drop a little ...then raise....so when prices get above $4 a gallon...then they drop to $3.65...we feel good like something was accomplished when it reality the prices should be around $3.00. And are you ready for the worst part...!!!! The oil Companies post RECORD PROFITS!!! and we accept the answers...they say 20% is from OIL/FUEL SALES...SERIOUSLY!!! Have we become so Complacent Society that we Roll Over.....I remember when people cared about people and surroundings....not just accept and be a sheep...Damn IT...THIS IS YOUR AND YOUR FAMILIES LIFE>>>JUST THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

The problem is that people are sheep. Very few are lions. The population needs to see a large number of people protest before they majority will fall in line behind them.

A few large organisations, perhaps with a few famous faces, need to stand together to have nay chance of swaying the masses to take action against big oil companies.

The other problem is that oil is vital to everyday lives in so many ways. Oil companies know that they can increase prices and people will still pay for the product, because the alternative of not having a car, or not having heating, or not having gas to cook with, seems far worse.