Demand for Coal is Increasing Around the World, Driven by Low Prices

Coal remains a critical component of the world’s energy supply, despite its bad image. In China, demand for coal in 2010 resulted in a traffic jam 120 kilometers, or 75 miles, long caused by more than 10,000 trucks carrying supplies from Inner Mongolia.

India is increasing coal imports. So is Europe, as it takes advantage of lower coal prices in the United States. Higher-priced natural gas on the Continent is creating demand for more coal imports from the United States, where coal is taking a drubbing from less costly natural gas.

Also driven by brain-dead radiophobia.

i need to get into anthracite coal trading and would appreciate responses from experienced traders . Basically, this will entail exports from Nigeria.

With the threats posed by global warming I hope the world soon comes to its' senses and puts a significant price on carbon and when it does coal will become the least desirable of fuels.

I think the world already looks at coal as the lease desirable fuel, but as long as it remains cheap that can be overlooked. Don't expect any big taxes put on coal just yet, its lobby is still too powerful.