High US Gas Prices Lead to Gas Theft

So, while higher gas prices in the US have apparently led to fewer incidents of teenage drunk driving, as examined earlier in this forum, the same high prices are also leading to increased incidents of robbery, particularly in California. According to the Huffington Post, thieves stole some 1,100 of gas ($4,500) in three separate robberies from a Shell station. Some 100 gallons of the stolen gas has been recovered with the arrest of at least one of the perpetrators. Will it be a growing trend?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1948519.html

The fact that it is happening in California does not surprise me, as the gasoline prices there are far higher than around the rest of the country.

In fact the whole post does not surprise me. Gasoline is an important part of basically every life in the US and it is become more and more expensive. People will be fed up that as a result of the higher price of gas they now have to give up other things in their lives. That will have led some of the less scrupulous to turn to theft. Expect more, unless the police make a strong early stand against gasoline theft.

High gas prices maybe too much for some to even commit crimes. I wonder if the lead content in gasoline also affect the behavior of a person. Research found that the Tetraethyllead contained in fuel affects the brain of a person through the air pollution leaded fuel exhaust. Now by eliminating this substance, according to studies, blood lead levels in the United States have dropped 80 percent and children's average IQ score has shot up by six points. Read about this at : Less Tetraethyllead means higher IQs.

That is very interesting! another tick for moving to less polluting fuels ... it makes us smarter.

We haven't used TEL in decades. Why bring it up now?